Casual Duty Progress Report

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
27,139 / 100,000
(27.1%)

24 October 2007

Dialogue and Description Dragonflies

"Because I stood up before God and made a vow for better or worse. Now I"m not saying this is the worst, but it's definitely on the downside of better."

It came to me yesterday. I don't know which of my characters will say it (or has said it?), but I heard it and I liked it. This is how I write. Snatches of dialogue of lines of descriptions flit and float just on the edge of my awareness, and then suddenly and without warning, the dragonfly will land in my head.

I'll go ahead and apologize right now, just in case you're driving anywhere near me when they land.

3 comments:

angel said...

You think any lines of dialogue around me, next month and you are so in trouble...me no like dragonflies. :-)

Timothy Hallinan said...

Cynthia -- I do exactly the same thing. Dialogue will float in and wait for me to assign a voice to it. Yesterday, I heard this: "Sell? Him? He couldn't sell aspirin to a woodpecker."

And today I wrote the character who will eventually say it.

Really glad to have you in the Challenge.

Tim

CindyLV said...

Thank you, Angel and Tim, for your comments. I can't wait to read your new line of dialogue in your story!