Casual Duty Progress Report

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
27,139 / 100,000
(27.1%)

24 May 2007

It's That Easy

Just take off the cap and go.

Write.

No excuses. No apologies.

Uncap the pen and get outta the way.

Oh yeah--no fear. Here's the pitch:

Casual Duty
Thousands of young men and women join the military each month doubt their ability to succeed. My novel, Casual Duty, a mystery-thriller set in the Arizona Desert where an Army recruit is forced to use her new skills to help find a killer before he kills again.

I was the Soldier of the Year for my battalion in 1981, and I have over 14 years experience as a technical writer and training developer in the field of intelligence analysis.

~~~~~~~~~

My first novel, a work in progress. My goal is 100,000 words in Book One, the story of Bridie Traynor and her assignment to the Casual Duty Platoon at Fort Huachuca, Arizona in 1980.
Book Two -- Unnamed, details her assignment to Advanced Individual Training (AIT) in the 96B Intelligence Analyst program.

Book Three -- Unnamed, Bridie is assigned to an MI unit in the Federal Republic of German.

No comments: